A nicely done up office space or building speaks volumes about the taste of the commercial establishments it houses. It not only creates a stunning first impression on people who see and visit the space, but it also increases the curb appeal of your commercial building. Around the world, commercial spaces look stunningly beautiful because professionals paint and/ or refurbish the interior and exterior of the building. The same is true if you are in this part of the world, namely Orlando. Even you should hire an experienced commercial painting company that infuses life into your building.
To attract customers to your commercial establishment, you need an attractive exterior and an exquisite internal décor. Commercial painting is a specialized field, and not everyone out there in the market is fully equipped to do the job with perfection. Things can horribly go wrong if you don’t hire an experienced commercial painting company.
You might think that hiring a commercial painting company is a cake walk, but the reality is different. Looking for a commercial painting company is not all that easy a job, you have to carefully weigh your options and do some research on your own to find the best professional painting company.
If you own a commercial space in town and are interested in making it an attractive investment destination, then you are at the right place.
6 Things to Consider When Hiring a Professional Painting Company
There are many companies in the market who claim to be commercial painting experts. So, how do you differentiate between a company that is genuine from the one that is not? It is always advisable to start the process by doing some research on the internet.
The first thing that you have to keep in mind while looking for a commercial painting company is the quality of work they deliver. Secondly, find out about the painting company’s standing in the market. And, finally try to assess whether they stick to what they say. After all, you need to trust the company that would renovate your commercial space.
You should start your search by asking your friends, family and/ or colleagues to recommend a commercial painting company in town. Any recommendation that comes from your near and dear ones is worth considering because only a satisfied customer would recommend someone.
- Should have sufficient experience – Nothing can replace experience. The first thing that you need to do is find out how long the commercial painting company has been in the business. Inexperienced companies can do more harm to your commercial property than doing any good. You would also not want to hire a fly-by-night operator. Hence, make sure that the commercial painting company has a minimum standing of three years or more in the market. The more experience the commercial painting company has in the market the better is the result you can expect. Businesses that have been there in the market for long are more likely to paint your commercial space with perfection.
- Expertise and knowledge – It is important to find out whether the commercial painting company you are planning to hire has sufficient knowledge, adequate expertise and the required exposure. In fact, the company should have a team of highly skilled painters who can do the job with perfection. They should have adequate knowledge about all the latest products and modern painting techniques. A professional painting company would also make sure that their prep work is properly done. The painting contractor should also know the latest trends, finishes, and colors that can make your building stand out in the crowd.
- Always ask for referrals – Any commercial painting company worth its name in the market would not hesitate in providing references. Speak to at least three references to find out the track record of the company you plan to hire. Never think twice about speaking to the references. After all, it is your right to find out that the company you are hiring is trustworthy, experienced and hard working. You can also visit the website of the company you are planning to hire and go through the testimonials. This would give you a fair bit of idea about the standing and reputation of the company.
- Find out whether they have their own employees or are they subcontractors – This is an important one. You need to find out whether the commercial painting company you are planning to hire employ people directly or are they subcontractors. Direct employees of the company are covered for compensation and general liability insurance by the employer. But, if they are subcontractors, then you need to make sure that they are separately insured. Either way, the commercial painting company should give you proof of employee’s insurance details.
- Make sure that the company has a valid license to work – This again is an important consideration. Make sure that the commercial painting company you are planning to hire has a valid state issued license. Any reputed company will always have a state license, employees’ compensation insurance and general liability insurance. It is important that commercial painting contractors protect their employees. If the commercial painting company you are planning to hire is unable to show you the required documents, then don’t waste your time just move on.
- Always ask for guarantee – Find out if the commercial painting company you are planning to hire offers guarantee or not. Usually, paint manufacturers guarantee their products, but commercial painters worth their salt would also give warranty on the prep work they do. Make sure that you have everything in writing, all the promises, guarantees, and warranties.
- Do find out the total cost – This is again important; you need to know how much you have to pay. But, do remember that price should never be a limiting factor. If you hire a professional, licensed, hard-working, trusted, and reputed commercial painting contractor, then their rates would be higher than those who do not have proper paraphernalia, skilled workers, and/ or experience. However, looking at the larger picture is the key when you plan to hire a commercial painting company. For a lasting result and a stress free experience, you need to hire a contractor that is insured, licensed and has enough experience of delivering high quality work on a consistent basis. This should be your primary concern rather than just the rates.
- Finally ask for a written estimate – Make sure that you ask the contractor to give a written estimate for all the work that they plan to undertake. Nothing should verbally be agreed upon, ask for a written estimate. You need to know the material the contractor would use, the kind of prep work they will do and the time they need to finish the project. Ask the contractor for a written contract, and not something scribbled on the back of his or her card.
If you are based in Orlando and are looking for a commercial painting company, just get in touch with The Paint Manager. We have over 18 years of experience in the commercial painting industry. From big to small, we have undertaken projects of all sizes and completed them to the satisfaction of our customers.
The Paint Manger is a trusted name in the commercial painting market. We are a full-service painting company in Orlando having the requisite experience and expertise to deliver quality work.